Singapore National Climbing Standards (SNCS) Level 1 Certification to prepare you for your Climbing Adventures!
This course is an introduction to the sport of climbing in Singapore by learning equipment basics, top-rope skills, and 5 step belay method.
Once you have completed the level 1 Certification course, you can then complete the verification process at your favorite climbing gym.
Is This ForYou?
This course is for anyone with a desire to try climbing on the indoor/outdoor climbing gyms in Singapore and over the world. We teach you about the equipment, climbing techniques and keeping your climbing buddy safe!
What you will learn:
• Introduction of climbing equipment (Carabiners, Harness, etc…)
• Tie-in knot (Figure 8 Thread-thru)
• Belaying technique (5 steps belay) using friction devices
• Using an ABD (Assisted Braking Device)
• Belaying a climber
• Lowering a climber belaying stance
• Arresting a climber’s fall
• Top Rope Climbing (Pre-climb checks and climbing commands)
• Spotting and Safety considerations – pendulums, falling on other people, rope placement, buddy check
Upon completion of the event, you will receive SNCS Level 1 certification which is recognized by all climbing gyms in Singapore and throughout South East Asia!
This is the first certification before advancing to level 2 and level 3.
We can also accommodate a private group or corporate bookings. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|LOCATION||THE CLIFF at SNOW CITY|
|START TIME||Please arrive by 9:30 AM|
|FINISH TIME||Approximately 2:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, and sunscreen.|
All climbing tools, ropes, and personal harness
|NOT INCLUDED||Food, Sports Drinks
Please Remember to:
- Bring Water (some water will be provided)
- Wear Tennis/sport shoes.
- Bring a towel as it is very humid
PLEASE NOTE: – Due to limited slots availability, you must inform us at least one week in advance if you cannot make the dates and times for the slot you have booked. You can either choose to reschedule your slot or receive a refund, minus any transaction fees. You can reschedule once without forfeiting class fees.
No refund will be issued or rebooking allowed if you cancel less than 7 days prior to your course date. Thank you for your understanding.