SINGAPORE NATIONAL CLIMBING STANDARDS (SNCS) Level 1 ONLINE THEORY COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR THE START OF YOUR CLIMBING ADVENTURES
This course is an introduction to the sport of climbing in Singapore by learning equipment basics, top-rope skills, and 5 step belay method. Once you have completed the level 1 Certification course, you can then complete the verification process at your favorite climbing gym.
WHY SNCS LEVEL 1?
This course is the first step to moving forward in your climbing activities. In this course we will spend time teaching you how to climb safely and ensure those climbing with you are safe as well.
WHAT IS SNCS ONLINE THEORY?
The course is divided into two parts, theory and practical application of techniques. During these times of controlled movement and isolation we can still teach you the online theory virtually. Once this has been completed, and climbing gyms are open again, we can move to the climbing wall quicker, allowing you to get climbing faster. If you complete the online theory with us, the cost of the theory course will be deducted from the in-person practical application. So there’s no reason not to keep learning!
During this online session you will learn.
What you will learn:
• Introduction of climbing equipment. Carabiners, harness, climbing shoes, ropes, slings, belay devices, etc…
• We will demonstrate the most recognized Tie-in knot (Figure 8 Thread-thru)
• Discuss and teach proper command calls, and the importance of these calls.
• Safety Checks, Checking the climber and Belayer
• Demonstrate Belaying technique (5 steps belay) using friction devices
• Demonstrate an ABD (Assisted Braking Device)
• Arresting a climber’s fall
• Spotting and Safety considerations – pendulums, falling on other people, rope placement
Upon completion of the online theory, you will be ready to go to the wall, for the practical learning modules.
Once you have completed the in-person practical, you will receive SNCS Level 1 certification which is recognized by all climbing gyms in Singapore and throughout South East Asia!
This is the first certification before advancing to level 2 and level 3.
We can also accommodate a private group or corporate bookings. For further information please email email@example.com
|LOCATION||VIRTUAL – Conferencing. (ZOOM or WEBEX)|
|START TIME||FRI – 7:30 PM / SAT – SUN 10:30 AM|
|LENGTH||Approximately 1 and Half Hours|
|LANGUAGE||English (Can teach in Mandarin on Request)|
|INCLUDED||Upon Completion will receive a coupon for cost of course to be applied to Level 1.|