Springtime in the Himalayas, trekking Annapurna, exhilarating views!
Join us for a week-long journey in the hikers’ paradise of Nepal when in full bloom. Trek through the beautiful rhododendron forest and breakout to views of rugged snow-capped Himalayas. Walk along the ridgeline and indulge in views of the most region’s most distinctive peaks.
- Off the beaten path with spectacular views all to yourself
- Beautiful forested area, rocky mountain terrain, possible snow cap base camps
- Varied terrain, going from low to above tree line and emerging to spectacular views of 3 of the region’s most distinctive and storied peaks (Macchapuchhre, Annapurna South, Mardi Himal)
- Accommodation spots specially selected for their scenic beauty
- Traipsing across the Annapurna foothills accompanied by the Nepali national flower, the rhododendron and snow-capped peaks
- Healthy, delicious food prepared by a trekking chef
Mardi Himal is located to the east of the Annapurna Base camp virtually under the spectacular (and most distinctive) Machhapuchhre (Fishtail). Ascend from forest trail to mountain vistas in 3 days. Witness the sunrise over the Annapurna peaks from High Camp. Leave behind civilisation for 6 days as you take in the soul of the Himalayas.
This trek takes you away from the busier Annapurna base camp route while providing the best the region has to offer. Hike up to 3,550m with Macchapuchre, Annapurna South and Himchuli peaks as your constant companions.
If you are up for some adrenaline-fuelled activity, there is an option to paraglide in Pokhara with the Nat Geo Adventurer of the Year (2012) at a supplement.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|DEPARTURE TIME||May 17, 2019|
|RETURN TIME||May 23, 2019|
|WEAR||Sturdy hiking boots, warm trekking clothes, comfortable yoga attire|
|EXPERIENCE LEVEL||Experience level: Suitable for all levels.|
Trek grading: 2b
Day 1 : Arrival
Day 2 : Fly to Pokhara, Trek to Pothana
Day 3 : Pothana to Forest Camp
Day 4 : Forest Camp to High Camp
Day 5 : Mardi Himal Camp
Day 6 : High Camp to Siding
Day 7 : Siding to Pokhara
Day 8 : Return to Kathmandu
|Included||Services of experienced trek leader
Domestic flights in Nepal
Private ground transport to/from airport, hotels, and trailhead
1 night 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
1 night 3-star hotel in Pokhara
Porter service (1 per 2 trekkers)
All meals during the tour
Accommodation in community lodges during the trek (twin share)
Kit bags for personal gear during trek (please limit to 10kg)
Porter and guide insurance
All trekking permits
|Excluded||Flights to Nepal
Soft drinks, bottled drinks, alcohol
Accommodation, transport, and meals outside of programme
Any optional activities
Tips for guides and porters, recommended $10 USD per day
It’s important to stay comfortable and bring the correct items, without overloading your backpack. At Wildfire we want to keep you prepared as well as comfortable on the trail.
Daypack (enough for jacket, warm layer, water and personal kit)
Personal kit (including insect repellent, sunscreen, blister kit)
Drink bottle (1-2 litre capacity)
Torch/flashlight and spare batteries
It is important to have a change of clothes at the end of the day to get out of the clothes you wear for the hike.
Hiking boots or firm footwear (should be comfortable and well broken in)
Socks (3 pair, wool or polypropylene)
Shorts or zip-off hiking pants (quick dry material)
Shirt (wool or polypropylene)
Under layers, top and bottom (wool or polypropylene)
Mid-layers (wool or polar fleece)
Raincoat (waterproof, windproof with hood)
Rainpants (wind and water proof)
Warm hat and gloves
Sunhat and sunglasses
Quick dry towel
Earplugs and eyemask
- 50% of the price is due at the time of booking to secure your spot.
- The full trek price is due 60 days prior to trip start date unless otherwise specified.
- 50% refund may be requested 60-89 days prior to trip start date.
- No refund request will be considered thereafter.
- All refund requests must be made in writing within the deadlines stated above.
- Each deposit, includes a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee.
|17 May 2019||8|
|Enquire for more / custom dates|