Weekend Rock Climbing Clinic
Have you always been climbing in indoor gyms and would like to bring your climbing experience to another level by trying natural rock top-rope climbing and abseiling? Or are you totally new to climbing and would like to start off your new passion in an outdoor climbing environment?
This is an amazing experience in a part of Thailand that is both historic and full of natural beauty. Located approximately two hours outside of Bangkok, Lopburi has some hidden spots for amazing climbing. There are options for both sport and trad climbing with all grades to challenge you. Rock Climbing in Thailand is becoming more and more popular, but this region is still undiscovered for its amazing climbs. Come join Wildfire for rock climbing with an amazing view and a bit of nature appreciation!
The Lopburi rock climbing trip duration will span 3 days, 3 nights in Lopburi, a province in Central Thailand approximately 150km north of Bangkok, home to Thailand’s biggest sunflower fields.
- Natural Wall Rock Climbing In Lopburi – Khao Jin Lae (206 meter Peak)
- Visiting Khao Jin Lae Temple
- Exploring Lopburi
- Visiting sunflower fields (only for sunflower seasons)
|STARTS / ENDS||Lopburi, Thailand
|SEASON||NOVEMBER – FEBRUARY|
|WEAR||Summer Season Climbwear|
Accommodation at Lopburi for 3 nights. Twin Share
Transportation to / From Lopburi to the climbing walls
Rock Climbing equipment (ropes, belay devices etc)
Services of a trip leader and assistant
Rock climbing instruction and rope setup*
Personal Climbing gear (Shoes, Chalk etc.)
Meals Not Included
Flights not included
Ground Transportation to/from Lopburi – Bangkok
(We can arrange private transport at an additional cost)
Min 4 Persons Required
- Efficient movement on rock, how to use your feet more than you arms to save energy.
- Essential rope work, belaying using various rope controllers
- Key equipment used when climbing outside – rope, belay devices, quickdraws, safety carabiners and slings.
- Top rope situations – belaying, top set ups and anchors.
- Different types of top set ups and their management.
- Advanced belay skills – where to stand, thinking ahead, when to give slack and when to minimise the amount of rope out.
- Using quickdraws and clipping safely, quickly and effectively.
- Finishing routes and getting back down – how to thread the top set ups safely and communicate with your partner effectively.
- Retreating off a route. Abseiling and downclimbing.
- Crag awareness, the environment and potential hazards.
- Day 1 Arrive in Lopburi, go over logistics for the upcoming days, Hotel Checkin
- Day 2 – Rock Climbing at Lopburi. Learning knots, belay techniques and climbing techniques
- Day 3 – More Rock Climbing. Abseiling, Topping out, and increased rock challenges!
- Stopover at an award winning cafe for an amazing breakfast.
- Day 4 Departure from Lopburi.
*Due to time and safety, only certain routes will be set up.
**Sunflower Season is only from November till January. We still operate trips to Lopburi year round though.
Day 1, we will be heading to the crag – Khao Jin Lae, a limestone climbing wall, where we will spend the day rock climbing. We will demonstrate and practice outdoor techniques of crag climbing. Hand and foothold techniques will be demonstrated to show how to be a more efficient climber on natural wall. Access to the climbing site is via a Buddhist temple at the base of the mountain. This add to the uniqueness of this climbing spot.
After a day of climbing, we will head back to Lopburi for evening meal and to our accommodation at the local favorite spot of Noom’s Guesthouse.
Day 2 Another day of climbing with a couple of special stopovers. We will start the day with an organic breakfast and award-winning coffee at a Lopburi local favorite café. Crowned the 2nd runner up in National Thailand Barista Championship, you will be sure to be spoilt for choices when it comes to coffee and tea selection. Then we will head to the crag for our second day of our climbing adventure!
Day 2 climbing highlights. For those who are up to the challenge we will do a 35 meter level up climb, while being belayed from above. Followed by an abseil down to the base. We will also continue to do various climbs in other locations around the climbing wall.
Day 3, the last day, will be free and easy time for participants. Some recommended things to do include visiting the most famous Monkey Temple, Phra Prang Sam Yod, which is probably the biggest attraction that draws tourists to Lopburi. Just across the railway station, you may also wish to visit the Wat Phra Sri Ratana Mahatat, to admire the ruins , pagodas and Buddha statues that date back to the 12th century, to experience the tranquility that it has to offer amidst the old town of Lopburi.
At 12:00pm, transport pick up will be arranged to bring participants back to Bangkok. ETA in Bangkok at 4pm.
Participants are required to have a base level of physical fitness. This trip is primarily for beginners to rock climbing, but if you have the skill and are already versed in lead climbing and trad climbing, you are most welcome to join as there is definitely a variety of routes there for you to attempt and conquer!
A brief outline of the planned schedule is set out below. This is subject to change based on weather conditions and the physical condition of the group.
Scoot Airways Departs SIN 6.00pm (Changi Airport). Arrives BKK 7:25pm (Suvarnabhumi Airport).
Scoot Airways Departs BKK 5:35pm (Suvarnabhumi Airport). Arrives SIN 9:05pm (Changi Airport).
*Flights Not included in the price. Pickup and drop off will be at Suvarnabhumi Airport
Cancellation Policy: Due to the booking of government and operator permits, Wildfire Expeditions has the following refund policy
- Each deposit, includes a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90 days prior to the trek or dive date.
- 50% refunds will be provided 60-89 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- 25% refunds will be provided 45-59 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- No refunds will be provided 45 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing within the deadlines stated above.
- All balances are due 60 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
|24 Jan 2019||8|
|Enquire for more / custom dates|