Our Indemnity forms are for everyone’s assurance. Each Participant must sign a form for each event attending or joining. The form can be downloaded here.
INDEMNITY AND TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1 GENERAL TERMS
THE WILDFIRE EXPEDITION COMPANY INDEMNITY AND TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1.1 All participants are required to read and fully understand the Indemnity and Terms of Participation prior to committing to an event.
- 1.2 It is the responsibility of the participant to take note of the date of the event, the meeting time and venue, as well as any mandatory gear and pre-requisite(s).
- 1.3 If the participant is a no-show on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
1.4 For safety reasons, the organizers reserve the right to remove a participant from any event at any point in time should it come to light that any pre-requisite and/or mandatory gear is not adhered to.
1.5 The participant acknowledges that this is a self-guided exploratory event. The briefing notes serve as a guide only and flexibility may be required. The organizers cannot be held responsible for any changes, cancellations or delays caused by accidents, strikes, government regulations, weather conditions or natural calamities, etc. The organizers cannot be held responsible in the event of any accident that may occur during the event in the absence of any gross negligence by the organizers.
1.6 The participant understands that during the course of the event, certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness, political instability and the forces of nature.
1.7 The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the event and indemnifies the organizers against all claims arising from his/her participation.
2 FITNESS AND PREPARATION
2.1 Some of these events require a minimum level of physical fitness, specific skills, adaptability in unpredictable weather conditions, as well as an appreciation of the natural environment.
- 2.2 It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are adequately fit, skilled and mentally prepared for any event or expedition in which they choose to participate. This may involve undergoing training by an accredited organization resulting in certification (eg. PADI or equivalent), adequate experience and confidence, obtaining a medical doctor’s advice, vaccinations, medication etc.
- 2.3 Ultimately, you know yourself best. Please do not commit to an event for which you feel poorly equipped.
2.4 Participants are also encouraged to commit to the recommended training plan (if one is provided) in preparation for an event.
3 MANDATORY INSURANCE COVER
3.1 It is mandatory for all participants to have comprehensive travel insurance against medical emergencies, personal accidents, natural calamities, etc. with the appropriate coverage of activities and geographical area relating to the event you are participating in. World Nomads is the recommended adventure insurance option unless otherwise advised for a specific event.
3.2 You should consider buying travel insurance in your favour against any failure or disruption in the provision of this event arising out of any insolvency on the part of the Company or in any other circumstances. While World Nomads provides a travel insurance cover, you are advised to do due diligence and ascertain the exact terms of coverage for any travel insurance product you purchase to ensure that you are adequately protected.
4 TRAVEL FORMALITIES
4.1 It is the participant’s responsibility to find out and fulfill, in a timely manner, any immigration requirements (where applicable) in relation to participation in any event with regard to his/her nationality – i.e. visas, permits etc.
4.2 Where the participant is unable to participate in an event due to absence of essential documentation or for not being able to fulfill immigration requirements, the organizers shall not be liable for the consequences of such incomplete trip formalities. For the absence of doubt, no refund will be provided to the participant in such instances.
4.3 The participant must carry a valid passport and must have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for all countries visited during the event. At a minimum, the participant’s passport must have a validity of at least six months beyond the event.
4.4 It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for the event.
5 CHANGES, DELAYS, MISSED CONNECTIONS
5.1 Adventures are by their nature, unpredictable. Changes to the planned event may be made by the organizers at any time.
5.2 Bad weather, natural disaster, or any calamity or political upheaval may cause re-routing of flights (or any other applicable transportation), delay, or cancellation.
- 5.3 Where such events trigger a cancellation of the event, Section 6 Event Cancellation will apply.
- 5.4 In the event of delayed return transport, the organizers will attempt all available means to provide assistance and resolve the situation. In the meantime, the participant is responsible for any additional corollary expenses including food and accommodation.
- 5.5 Should the participant wish to make an alternative arrangements (eg. arrange for a helicopter pickup etc.), all additional cost would be borne by the participant. The organizers do not accept any responsibility for costs incurred as a result of any missed connections (including via flights or any other applicable transportation), but will assist to make alternative arrangements wherever possible.
6 EVENT CANCELLATION
6.1 Cancellation by the Company
6.1.1 The organizers will not cancel a booking of any event once confirmed, except as the cancellation arises due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of the organizers. The organizers may cancel an event due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external unforeseen situations under which it is not viable or safe for the organizers to operate the
planned event. Where such cancellations occur, any deposit paid by the participant may be transferred an alternate event or where possible, a refund (subject to any unrecoverable costs incurred) will be made back to the participant.
6.1.2 The organizers are not responsible for any incidental expenses that the participant may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights. Please note that different cancellation conditions may apply to some of the events. Should this be the case, this will be highlighted to participants.
6.2 Cancellation by the Participant
6.2.1 In the event that the participant wishes to cancel his/her participation in an event after confirming (and paying a deposit), the organizers seek the participants’ understanding that certain unrecoverable costs would likely have been incurred. No refund will be made of any deposit made.
7 AMENDMENT TO THE INDEMNITY AND TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
7.1 This Indemnity and Terms of Participation may be revised, updated and amended periodically as needed.
- 7.2 At any point in time, the version of Indemnity and Terms of Participation in force at that time will prevail and will supersede previous versions.
- 7.3 Participants will be provided with the Indemnity and Terms of Participation in force at any point in time upon request.
Cancellation Policy: Due to the booking of government and operator permits, Wildfire Expeditions has the following refund policy
- Each deposit, includes a 20% non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90 days prior to the trek or dive date.
- 50% refunds will be provided 60-89 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- 25% refunds will be provided 45-59 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- No refunds will be provided 45 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing within the deadlines stated above.
- All balances are due 60 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.
While Wildfire makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Products listed are of reasonable standard the listing of any supplier and Products on the Website is not and should not be taken as a recommendation from Wildfire or a representation that the Product or supplier of such Product will be suitable for the user’s purpose. Wildfire shall in no way be liable to you in the event that a supplier or Product is not suitable for your purpose.